Obesity or excessive weight is one of the major problems faced by a large percentage of the global population. Poor lifestyle combined with irresponsible eating habits and lack of exercise is amongst the major causes of obesity. However, as people are becoming increasingly aware about the harmful effects of obesity, they are adapting various methods of weight loss to remain fit and healthy.
Is Honey Good for Losing Weight?
It is a well known fact that sugars form a significant part of the body fats leading to obesity. In order to digest these sugars, the body uses essential minerals and vitamins, as they help in dissolving fats and cholesterol. The greater the percentage of body fat, the more the amount of these essential nutrients is utilized. Honey helps in maintaining the balance of these essential nutrients within the body and thus prevents additional fat accumulation due to their subsequent lack.
Honey is known to offer a variety of health benefits including promotion of weight due to the the following:
- It does not contain unrefined sugar and does not lead to the accumulation of empty calories which turn into fat.
- The vitamins and minerals present in honey help with the digestion of sugars and fats within the body.
- It is known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases besides helping with effective weight management.
- Research has proved it to be effective in helping the prevention of weight gain and also to activate hormones that suppress appetite.
- It is known to be a great source of essential nutrients including protein, water, energy, fiber and sugar etc, which help in keeping the body fit.
How to Use Honey for Weight Loss:
When it comes to weight loss, using honey in combination with other food items, as discussed below, has become a major trend or a way of life.
1. Cinnamon and Honey for Weight Loss:
Cinnamon is known to provide a wide range of health benefits thanks to its antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-oxidant properties.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup hot water
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
- Mix one table spoon of honey in one cup of warm water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder to the water and stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Drink the solution while it is still warm.
How it works: Cinnamon tends to have a regulating effect on the blood sugar levels, besides helping with the metabolism of glucose. This combined with the metabolism boosting effect of honey helps in promoting weight loss efforts in a significant manner.
Best time to use: On empty stomach.