This is my ultimate green juice that is packed with restorative antioxidants to reboot and re-energise your system. I enjoy my Daily Green Juice most days. Drink it in the mornings before a healthy breakfast and save any leftovers for a mid-afternoon energising tonic!
I first learned what a proper detox was when I visited my favourite health and wellness spa, Kamalaya in Koh Samui, Thailand. I loved the gentle and nurturing approach that was well supported through whole foods which helped to nourish the body – it’s using food as medicine to help nurture and restore health.
One of the most common mistakes people make when starting a juicing lifestyle is failing to account for the extra effort. It’s not a lot, but there is a bit of extra stuff to do. This requires a bit of forward planning and getting organized. That way, it is much easier to include juicing in your daily routine. Here are a few ways to get organised:
- Prep ahead of time. It is important that your ingredients are washed and cut to the right size for your machine. Most people don’t have the time to do this in the morning, so consider prepping the night before. It might even suit you better to prep a few days ahead. Work out a schedule that suits your lifestyle.
- Prep in bulk. This is a great time saver. Chop all your veggies and fruit in one session, put them in containersand store. Even better, go one step further and batch up the fruit and veg for each juicing session. Then it is as easy as grabbing a single container or packet to start juicing.
- Allow time for juicing. Even if you’re prepping like a boss, you still need to get up, make the juice and clean the machine. Make sure you wake up a few minutes earlier to give yourself more time in the morning to do this and keep the process as stress-free as possible.
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT IT:
Apples are high in fibre which supports digestion. Cucumber has anti-inflammatory benefits and it also helps normalise blood pressure and relieve fluid retention in the body. Lime is antibacterial and helps boost immune function. Lettuce is rich in vitamin A, C, beta carotene, folate and phytonutrients. The vitamin A helps to revitalises skin by increasing cell turnover – perfect for achieving that healthy outward glow.
INGREDIENTS (2 GLASSES)
2 green apples
2 lebanese cucumbers
1 handful of spinach
few pieces of raw broccolini
1 baby cos (romaine) lettuce
2 limes, peeled
- Use a juicer to extract the juice from the apples, cucumbers, spinach, broccoli, cos lettuce and limes.
- Whisk in matcha and wheatgrass powder.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve cold and sip slowly.
- Divide juice into 2 glasses and enjoy later in the day.
This simply makes the process of juicing easier and the end product a lot more enjoyable. A poor quality juicer can result in a juice full of large chunks – not what you want. Juicing is about having a healthy drink, not something you need to still chew.
Cheap juicers are also more prone to breaking and clogging. They often don’t have the longevity of better quality machines and can stop the juicing habit before it really gets started.