Making the Cheesecake
Thankfully, this Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake was a success and such a treat, It was a great way to celebrate in a healthy way, without feeling deprived! Nobody likes attending a party and watching everyone else enjoying their dessert, right? crust to this dreamy dessert is so simple. Just toss all your crust ingredients into a food processor and turn it on.
Slowly drizzle the butter in as it mixes. It should look like crumbs and stick together when pinched between your fingers. If you do not have a food processor you can do this step by hand. When complete, the crust should look like crumbs and stick together when pinched between your fingers. If you do not have a food processor you can do this step by hand. Next, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Make sure you press the crumb mixture around the pan as evenly as possible and up the sides a bit. Once finished, you will need to bake your crust before adding the filling for about ten minutes.
While your crust is blind baking move on to your filling. In a food processor or blender, add all your filling ingredients mix the cheesecake filling until it is very smooth. At this point, you will remove some of the mixture and set it aside. This will become your chocolate swirl later. Add the remaining filling to your crust and move on to the next step, make your swirl.
Prepare time: 10 min
4.8g carbs, 37.2g fat, 5.8g protein, 380 calories (Per Slice – Recipe makes 10 slices)
- 5 squares (50g) of 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate
- 7 tbsp. (100g) butter + 1 tbsp. butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Pecan Flour or Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 cup (250g) cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 squares (40g) 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate – keep the last square for later.
Preheat oven to 180c/350f
To make the crust
- Melt the Lindt chocolate and butter in a frying pan until completely combined.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Grease your non stick cake pan.
- Press your mixture down into the pan evenly until you have completely covered the cake pan.
- Place the crust into the oven for 8-10mins then remove and let cool.
To make the filling
- Melt the Dark Chocolate and the sour cream and combine well in a pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, erythritol, heavy cream and vanilla. mix well
- combine with the sour cream and chocolate mixture and whip with an electric mixer until completely combined.
- Spoon mixture into the cooled crust and grate the last square of chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours – 24 hours in the fridge.
- Slice into 10 slices and serve and enjoy!