Few things can rival freshly baked sweet bread, warm from the oven. And when you roll it up with a luscious cream cheese filling and cover it with a warm vanilla glaze, the result it out-of-this-world delicious. This Cream Cheese-Filled Sweet Bread is a tradition each Christmas morning in our family. Why not bake some this Christmas to start a new tradition of your own?
- 1 cup of yogurt (250 grams), at room temperature
- ¾ cup of fresh milk (200 ml), lukewarm
- ¾ cup warm water (200 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack of fresh yeast (40 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 flat tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- a little more than 1 kilogram of flour
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 100 grams of oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
For the stuffing:
- 200 grams of cow’s cheese
- 120 grams of Mascarpone or other cream cheese
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and add sugar. Add a couple of spoons of flour to the yeast, stir well, cover with a clean cloth and leave for 15 minutes.
- Gently beat the eggs, oil, yoghurt and fresh milk.
- Sift 600 grams of flour into a large bowl and stir salt into it to distribute well. Make the well in the middle and pour the liquid ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until you get a smooth consistency mixture. Start adding flour and kneading with your hand until the dough begins to form on a ball but is still very soft and slightly sticky.
- Leave the dough for 10-15 minutes while preparing the baking tray and clearing it around.
- Grease a round baking tray that is comfortable for baking.
- Crumble the cheese and add a mascarpone or other cream cheese, if desired. Crush them with a fork until they mix very well.
- Lubricate your hands with a little oil and chop the dough into small pieces of 30 grams each. Measure them with a kitchen scale.
- Each piece, with the help of your palms, flatten slightly and place a small spoonful of stuffing in the center. Snap the edges and form a ball. Do the same with the other pieces of dough.
- Arrange them in the baking tray. Cover the tray with nylon or foil and let them soak for 30-40 minutes warm.
- Before you put them in the oven, melt the oil and fry the meal briefly. Also flavor with salt.
- With a spoon, spread the oil evenly over each ball.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of bread on each ball.
- Place the pan in the oven and set the temperature to 200 ° C. Bake at this temperature for 10 minutes and reduce to 180 ° C. Bake until ready for golden-brown tan, about 30 minutes.