Do you think this summer will eat away your healthy glowing skin? Well, looking at the scorching sun, and burning flames, I think this is the right time to protect your skin from tan and darkness. Skin care in summer calls for special attention because during the summer season the skin natural oils start flowing freely which makes the skin appear dull, oily and blemished. In addition, the increased susceptibility to the UV rays of the sun not results in skin tanning, but also increases the problems of dark patches and wrinkles. Natural remedies are the best way to remove sunburn and skin tan. Many people go out on summer vacations without proper protection. Doing this can harm your skin, as it is the most sensitive part of your body.
Benefits of Turmeric Powder, Yogurt and Honey Face Pack:
Turmeric or holy powder used in this face pack makes it a potent homemade remedy for tan removal and as a moisturizing agent for treating dry skin in summer. In summer, it is really required to keep your skin moist because the body is much subjected to dehydration. This results in dry skin, and it loses its luster in the process. In order to overcome this, it is better to keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water from inside and outside too. Make a thick paste by mixing all the three ingredients well. Apply this pack on the dried skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Later, rinse it off with cold water. This pack helps in moisturizing and radiating your skin under the dire circumstances.
Sandal wood and Rosewater Face Pack
Sandalwood has rich benefits especially when it comes to accomplishing a fairer skin. It is used in the treatments of acne and skin aging. The soothing and cooling properties of sandalwood make it the perfect remedy for relieving sun tan and severe sunburn. Rose water is one of the best beauty products and is used in aroma therapies. It can be used as a cleanser, toner and leaves you with a refreshing feeling. The combination of sandalwood and rose water makes this pack the perfect natural remedy for sun tan removal in a gentle and nourishing way.
Benefits of Sandal wood and Rosewater Face Pack:
This face pack can be used as a cleanser. Make a thick paste of white or red sandalwood powder and rosewater and apply it to face. Wait for 20 minutes and allow it to dry. After this wash it with cold water and always use a soft towel to clean up your washed face. This paste relieves you from sun burns and other suntan effects.
The above-mentioned face packs are completely natural, and will help you in removing the tan gradually. These above face packs will help in summer, and all other seasons accordingly. It is suggested to clean your face before applying such packs so that the dust and other small particles don’t stay inside. Remember that you should never apply these face packs on the unclean face. Always use a soft cloth to clean your face after washing.
Helpful Skin Tips for Summer
Now, you can beat the summer tan and flaunt yourshort dresses and tank tops in style without the fear of getting tanned by following these few simple skin tips for summer.
- The first and foremost thing that should be listed in your summer skin care list is a good sunscreen from a reliable company with SPF of 40 or above. Applying sunscreen creams and lotions on the skin before going out into the sun helps in protecting the skin from the harsh UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun. The sunscreen lotion should be applied at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out in the sun.
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times by drinking at least 15 to 20 glasses of water throughout the day. This also helps in preventing skin dryness and keeping the skin moisturized.
- Specially formulated sun protection skin should be applied by people who like to spend time in the sun or swim regularly. It helps in preventing sunburn and formation of rashes and blisters. The creams should be re-applied every 20 minutes because it can be washed away with
- Swimming in chlorinated water speeds up the tanning process, so it is mandatory to cleanse your skin and hair with fresh water after taking a swim in the pool.
- Just like winter, it is important to use a moisturizer in summer also, but it should be a water-based moisturizer that effectively tones and moisturizes the skin without making it too oily.
- It is important to keep the skin of the face fresh and clean by washing it with cold water 3 to 4 times a day, face cleansers should not be used more than twice per day.
- Toning the face with a soothing herbal toner is a natural treatment for oily skin that helps in reducing excess oil, sebum and dirt from the skin surface.
- It is best to avoid going out in the sun as much as possible. You should try to avoid the sun during 11 A.M to 4 P.M because the sun rays are the harshest at this time.
- Don’t apply perfume on your skin while out in the sun because the psoralen present in perfumes, especially citrus perfumes can stain your skin permanently when the react with the sun rays.
- In a hurry to apply the sunscreen don’t skip your lip protection and eye creams because the skin around your eyes and lips are really delicate that is more susceptible to tan and wrinkles.
- In case you forget to apply sunscreen while going out in the sun, you can make up for the damage caused by applying natural aloe vera gel or cool green tea on your face to soothe the burnt skin.
- Warm showers during the summer season can further dry out your skin ans make it susceptible to tanning. So, opt for cool showers in order to keep the skin fresh and hydrated.
- Wear mineral makeup during summer because it is lighter than the cream based ones which allow the skin to breathe and lasts longer in sweating conditions.
- Usage of sunglasses, hats and other accessories minimizes the UV radiations from reaching your body. Opt for a wide-brimmed hat instead of caps because it provides complete protection to your entire face.
- When it comes to skin care, a lot depends on the right foods. Eat skin-friendly foods such as vegetables and fruits in the form of salads, steamed veggies, juices and smoothies in order to load up on antioxidants and flavonoids and reduce the intake of sugar, refined foods and processed foods.
I hope that you find this article helpful in giving you the beneficiary tips on how to get rid of tan, sunburn and other side effects. So, forget bleach and cosmetic peeling and get naturally glowing skin with these glowing skin home remedies. Feel free to comment via the below section! Happy Summer!