First and foremost, it is important to note that this:
- This is NOT a lemon water fast,
- This is NOT a calorie deprivation diet,
- This is NOT a starvation diet.
While you are on this weight loss journey, you are still allowed to eat. There are some suggestions below, but focusing on your lemon water intake is crucial!
The water lemon challenge is:
- This IS the perfect starting point in a weight loss journey,
- This IS a powerful detoxification protocol,
- This IS a natural, safe way to support your weight loss goals.
Drinking plenty of water on a daily basis keeps the body hydrated and increases the number of calories that you burn. Adding fresh lemon juice to it enhances the weight loss benefits even more. Some of the benefits of lemon include suppressing body fat accumulation and boosting metabolism, both of which prevent and reduce weight gain.
Additional benefits that support wellness and overall health include:
- Protecting against anemia,
- Reducing cancer risk,
- Supporting heart health,
- Preventing kidney stones,
- Improving digestive health.
The Protocol (The 14 Day Lemon Water Challenge)
- Day 1: Mix 1 squeezed lemon with a cup of water and drink right upon waking up (before drinking or eating anything else).
- Day 2: Mix 2 squeezed lemons with 2cups of water. Add 1 teaspoon honey for taste. Drink right after you wake up.
- Day 3:Mix 3 squeezed lemons with 3 cups of water and a little bit of honey. Drink the first half in the morning and the other half before lunch.
- Day 4: Mix 4 squeezed lemons with 4 cups of water and a little bit of honey. Consume it 3 times daily, in the morning right after you wake up, before lunch and before going to bed.
- Day 5:Mix 5 squeezed lemons with 5 cups of water and honey. Drink it 3 times daily just like the day before (but more each serving).
- Day 6:Mix 6 juiced lemons with 5cups of water and a little bit of honey. Consume three times daily before meals.
- Day 7: Mix 3 juiced lemons with 10 cups of water. Consume it three times a day before meals.
- Day 8:Mix 6 squeezed lemons with 6 cups of water. Consume it three times a day before meals.
- Day 9: Mix 5 squeezed lemons with 5 cups of water and a little bit of Drink it three times daily.
- Day 10: Mix 4 squeezed lemons with 4 cups of water and a little bit of honey. Again, consume it three times a day.
- Day 11: Mix 3 squeezed lemons with 3 cups of water. Add a teaspoon of honey and drink twice a day.
- Day 12: Mix 2 squeezed lemons with 2 cups of water. Drink it in the morning, on an empty stomach.
- Day 13: Mix 1 squeezed lemon with 1cup of water.
- Day 14: Prepare a drink from 3 lemons and 10 cups of water. Add a tablespoon of honey, if needed.
- Eat More: Nuts and seeds, fermented foods, fruits, veggies, plant-based proteins, dark chocolate/raw cacao products, and pasture raised animal products.
- Avoid: Fast foods, grains, processed snacks, and sugar.