Heel Pain most often appears as a result of plantar fasciitis, which is a condition that causes piercing and sharp pain in the heel or the bottom of the foot while you are walking or standing.
This medical condition is also referred as spur syndrome, when there is a spur it is a painful inflammation of the plantar fascia and it goes out from the heel to toes. This is the main reason for pain in the feet.
The pain is the greatest when the person suffering from plantar fasciitis is making the first steps in the morning and during the day the pain decrease.
- There is a simple trick to get rid of the pain. Tap your foot against the floor several times. This trick helps in the improvement of the blood circulation and the calcium in the metabolism. You can also do this with rubbing your foot on the carpet and it mechanically contributes to the increase of blood circulation and the soothing of heel pain.
- Black radish can also help. Just put some black radish in a sock and put it on your foot. Leave the black radish to act during the night. In the morning wash your feet with warm water. Repeat this treatment 3 nights in a row and you will notice the improvement.
- Carrot is another remedy for this condition. Shred some carrot and put it onto a piece of cellophane. Use this as a compress on your foot and fix it with a bandage. Keep the compress during the night and wash your feet in the morning. Don’t worry if you notice slight pricking sensation it only means that the remedy works. Several compresses like this and the pain will disappear.
- Wrap your feet with aluminum foil and it will help you get rid of heel pain and plantar fasciitis. You should also put a cotton sock over the pain. You should use this as treatment about 1-1 ½ months in order for it to be effective.
- There is one recipe that has been proven to be very effective in the treatment. You should crush 4 Analgin tabletsand 4 Aspirin tablets and mix them well together with 100 ml iodine. Leave the mixture for 24 hours and then start using it. Combine this with the treatment number 1 in order to speed up the process.
- You can also use some salt for treatment. Just put some salt in a linen bag and warm it in oven. Use this as a compress in the evenings and keep it until it cools down. Do this in a period of 10 days.
- When the pain is unbearable use a potato compress. Wash well the potato and put it on some piece of fabric then apply it as a compress onto your foot and wrap a piece of cellophane so that the potato fluid doesn’t leak out. Don’t keep the same compresses for too long and repeat this treatment in a period from 7 to 8 days. You can also cut the raw potato into slices and put them into a cotton sock. Place the potato slices right under your foot and press them to it.
- Use fresh plantain leaves to treat the affected food. Keep them until they get dry and then replace them with new. Do this in 4 successive days and the pain will get away.
- Take a cabbage leaf and place a teaspoon of honey on it. Use this cabbage leaf as a compress in your foot. Leave it on overnight and in the morning wash your foot with warm water. You will have to repeat the procedure 3 times.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey, 50 ml of iodine and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a glass jar. Stir it well and then pour the mixture on a cotton piece of cloth. Place this compress on your foot and fix it with a piece of cellophane. Keep the compress during the night and in the morning walk with it for 15 minutes. The amount that you will prepare from these ingredients will be enough for 5 treatments. We hope that these remedies will help you and will relieve you from pain.